fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Positive Experience with FWPD
Post Positive Experience with FWPD 
Recently I was pulled over for having expired plates. The traffic stop happened after dusk, as I was driving home from a late-evening run. A FWPD officer was sitting behind me at a red light and had plenty of time to notice my expired plates. Normally, when I jog late in the evening, I carry a concealed pistol. Naturally, as this was my first traffic stop, I was quite nervous but did everything I could to put the officer at ease. I turned my cabin lights on, turned off my car, and held my license and CCW permit outside my window so that he would know right away what he had on his hands. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. The officer was extremely polite and respectful of both my permit and my decision to carry. While officer safety was held in high regard, he wasn't rude or brash about it and in no way during our interaction did I feel like I was treated in a manner that was disrespectful. While my weapon was held for the duration of the stop, the officer disarmed me in a very respectful, polite way and I was put greatly at ease throughout the entire process.

I have been pulled over three times by the Fort Wayne Police Department and have received a verbal, a written, and a citation, respectively. I also have had a vehicle stolen, called in a violent public domestic dispute, and was once busted for (then) illegal fireworks when I was a teenager. Each and every time I have dealt with the FWPD I have been impressed by how professional and respectful its officers are and would like to thank your department for this. Be safe out there and keep doing what you do!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum