fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Filing a Police Report
Author Message
Reply with quote
Post Filing a Police Report 
I just want to know if I can make a police report on a burglary of my rental dwelling property?
I had a refrigerator, stove, washer and dryer that got stolen. I do not know if it was the tenants that took them. But I need a police report to give to the insurance company. How do I go about filing one and obtaining one? Do you know how much they are?

Reply with quote
Yes, of course, you can report any alleged crime to the police station by calling 260 427-1222. There is no fee for filing a report with our agency. There may be a small fee for a copy of the report though.

A very good friend of mine recently evicted two tenants from his rental property and unfortunately there were items missing when he gained control of the property. The stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, and sink were missing; yes, the kitchen sink! I believe the incident is considered to be a civil issue since the two parties entered into a contractual agreement and usually the agreement is that the property will be returned in the same condition that it was found. Damaged or missing items would be considered a breach of the contract. I will have to ask a detective in our property crimes division to be certain and when I confirm, I will repost.

View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum