fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Officer's Driving / Problematic Behavior
Post Officer's Driving / Problematic Behavior 
Tonight, while driving southbound on Clinton between Jefferson and Pettit just prior to 10 pm, I was passed on the right by an officer (license #####) traveling well in excess of the speed limit. Between Pontiac and Rudisill, the officer easily exceeded 60 mph. He/she had to stop at each light, of course, while those of us traveling the speed limit caught up, and then, upon light change, the patrol car took off again, without apparent cause.

I am willing to assume that there was some need for this behavior, but needed or not, the driving was reckless.

I don't know much about law enforcement, but I know that the single most predominant facet of leadership is modeling good behavior. Please continue to make this clear to our officers, so that they might be honored and respected by all.

Aaron

Post Officer's driving 
I agree that officer's must model good behavior, however, there are circumstances in which one must break the speed limits to get to a call. Not every call that officers go on are lights and siren. Just because you're not running lights and siren doesn't mean the call is not important. I myself am a police officer, not in Ft. Wayne, but in a nearby city. It is the officer's responsibility to drive with due regard..even though he was speeding he was still stopping at all the stop lights as you said so. Maybe we can all keep that in mind.!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum