fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Suspicions of Drug Use / Drug Dealing, What to do?
Post Suspicions of Drug Use / Drug Dealing, What to do? 
Hello,
My friend is in a tough situation. She has a 1 year old daughter with a man that she is no longer with. The man is engaged to another woman and they currently live together. Due to the woman's mental state and some other things going on in the house, my friend does not feel comfortable with her daughter being there. My friend and her ex do not have any sort of legal custody agreement, he just gets the daughter on the days my friend is at work and vice versa. She is in the very beginning processes of trying to get full custody, she just spoke with a lawyer the other day and is going to go from there, so not much has been done as of yet. One of the things she mentioned to the lawyer is that her ex's fiancee may be selling drugs out of their home (marijuana specifically). The lawyer said that she needs proof and she doesn't know how to go about getting it. The reason she thinks she is selling is because the fiancee is unemployed, and a couple of people that the fiancee used to live with said that she says she sells drugs. This woman is a known pathological liar so it may not be true, but it wouldn't be surprising because of the kind of person she is. What is the best way to go about getting proof? Should my friend just call the police and tell them what she has heard? She's worried that if shes wrong and she is not selling drugs that it will make her look bad during the custody battle. Thank you for your time.

Thank you for the post. It sounds like you are trying to determine the best way to obtain proof that the fiancee is selling drugs, and then how your friend can avoid looking bad during the custody battle if she is wrong about the fiancee.

I think that the priority here isn't obtaining proof of the fiancee selling drugs or how to avoid looking bad during a custody battle. The priority here is the safety and well being of that child. Though your friend is basing her suspicions on rumors, I would encourage her to make a report to Child Protective Services (CPS). They have a 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, hotline; the number is 1-800-800-5556. If they believe an investigation is warranted, then they will conduct one.

You can also call the Fort Wayne Police Drug Tip hotline at 427-1262 reference your suspicions about the fiancee selling drugs.

I hope this answers your questions. I invite others visiting this forum to provide their suggestions.

Best wishes.

Thanks for the reply. It's not so much her worried about looking bad, it's that she's worried if she turns out to be wrong they could see that as harrassment against the fiancee maybe? I guess I just worded it wrong. Thank you for the information!

You are a good friend to research this information.

My best advice for your friend is to always have the best interests of her child(ren) at heart. If she has reason to believe that her child is in danger then she should make the report. Making a complaint that is later unsubstantiated will not lead to a charge of harassment.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum