fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
No Parking FWPD
Post No Parking FWPD 
My street (Lavina Street, 800 block) is full of FWPD no parking signs today, but no where does it indicate why. I think I have a right to know why I can't park on my own street this weekend. I was told it was for the WCNA historic home tour, but my street does not have any historic houses for show. Even if that wasn't the case, it still doesn't explain why I can't park.

Of course you should know why parking is not allowed on your street. The City of Fort Wayne Police Department is charged with enforcing the No Parking Signs, though they are issued temporarily for a variety of reasons. Sometimes the No Parking Signs are issued by Project Engineering or Public Works for construction projects, or for repairs, and sometimes for special events such as the Three Rivers Festival.

I believe that in your situation those signs were issued by Parking Control and that it was because of the West Central Neighborhood Association Historic Home Tour. You would want to contact Parking Control at 311 to find out exactly why parking was not permitted on that block of Lavina Street.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum