fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Activity Logs
Post Activity Logs 
I have a few questions about your activity logs.

1) What is the difference between a shooting (signal-5Cool and shots fired (signal-113)?

2) I know that Vice covers prostitution. Do they also investigate illegal gambling? Are there any other areas covered by this unit?

3) Under the address heading, what does “OC” stand for.

4) Occasionally, the activity log skips an entire day (e.g. Jan. 15, 2011). I understand the system may be down at times, but I wondered why these aren’t added in at a later date.

Hello, Phil, and my apologies for not responding sooner to your post.

1) A signal 58 refers to a reported shooting. That means that the calling party is reporting that someone is suffering from a gunshot wound(s). A signal 113 refers to shots fired. That means that the calling party is reporting hearing shots fired in the near vicinity. As a sidenote, fireworks can sometimes be mistaken for 'shots fired'. The calls also differ in priority; a signal 58 is a priority level one call and officers will run 'hot' (with lights and sirens) to the location, and a signal 113 is a priority level two.

2) The investigators in Vice and Narcotics investigate not only narcotics and prositution, but also complaints of illegal gambling. Some Investigators in this unit work in an ‘undercover’ capacity and some work as uniform support and interdiction officers.

3) I believe OC indicates an 'out of county' address, but I have to confirm that.

4) Occassionally the data center will experience a blackout which pevents the logs from being transferred to the internet website.

Tell me, Phil, do you find the activity logs to be a useful tool?

Last edited by rrfoster on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Yes, I do find the logs very useful for helping to understand what is going on in my neighborhood and in our city. I especially like that you have set up the page to easily sort according to address, location or time. I also imagine that they help you a bit as they may lessen the number of telephone calls you get requesting such information.

And thanks for the quick feedback. Honestly, I do understand that this forum necessarily takes a much lower priority than looking for stolen vehicles and kidnapped children, so a little delay is always acceptable.

Regarding your answer to #4, though, I am a bit disappointed. I was expecting something like “What missing logs, there are NO missing logs!” Your organization’s honest and transparent behavior has severely hampered my ability to form a good conspiracy theory. Smile

Post Activity Logs 
I see that the activity logs are recorded by street. I'm a former resident of FW and my geography is a little rusty now. Is there a way to sort or determine these by area? My sons visit their Mom who allows them to visit a local park unsupervised. I'd like to show her with some data that 10 & 11 year old boys, with or without cell phones shouldn't be without an adult. I just dont have the memory to recall what streets are in the area anymore.

Unfortunately, no, there is not a way for you to sort the raw data provided in the daily activity log(s). If you really would like to capture the activity for a specific area then please contact our Crime Analysis Unit at 260 427-2241 and request such a report. This is a no-cost service that the department provides.

I very much appreciate the activity logs posted here on the site. Keep up the good work, FWPD!

The News-Sentinel database allows you to search by specific streets.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum