fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Car parked blocking access
Post Car parked blocking access 
I work in a small Fort Wayne restaurant and had a question as to what, if anything, can be done about parking in front of the building. A few weeks ago, a regular came in to the restaurant to get their carry-out order paid, then sat down and drank coffee and ordered more food. After he'd been there about 30 minutes, a man who'd just left came back in and told him to move his car. I didn't know it, but he'd parked in front of the building (i couldn't see the car where it was parked). Our parking lot is small, but plenty of spaces were open. We have no signs posted, but the front is one-way due to the spaces being angled the way they are. There is only enough room for 1 car to get by. My question is..can we do anything about people blocking in parked cars and impeding traffic by leaving a vehicle parked in front of the building? The same individual got angry when the man came back in and told him to move his car, cussed and spilled coffee everywhere. I told management and they intend to speak to him about his actions inside, but can we do anything about the lot?

It would seem to me that the front of that building would be or should be designated a fire lane so start by connecting with the Fort Wayne Fire Department at 427-1479 (Fire Prevention). If a vehicle is impeding traffic, then contact the Fort Wayne Police Department at 427-1222 or Parking Control at 427-1208.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum