fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
plates without experation
Post plates without experation 
hi, I had family from out of state(new york), and they do not have experation tags on ttheirplates just simply because their state does not not tags on their plates. When they were here, and everytime they were here, they always got crap from it by a cop. Is there anyway you can verify it and see for yourselfs? New York, New Jersey, and CT do are all states that dont have experation tags physically on the plates, there is no reason to lie about that. Is there anyway you can send a memo to your officers regarding that?

No, I am sorry but I will not be sending a memo to my fellow officers about license plate registration stickers for New York, New Jersey, or any other state outside of Indiana. I understand your frustration, and I am also sorry that your family was inconvenienced by a traffic stop when they were visiting you in Indiana. I believe most officers are aware that license plate and registration codes vary from state to state, but we simply cannot be expected to be familiar with all of the codes of the other forty-nine states. Have you ever taken a look at just Indiana's Traffic Codes alone?

See for yourself, Title 9:
http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/

Thanks for the post.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum