fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Question about information an officer can give out
Post Question about information an officer can give out 
I am wondering if an officer whether the fort wayne police officer or a sheriffs officer can give out information to a friend about house arrest checks they have done during their shift? If the friend then told me about what happened during the officers shift, can that person get in trouble also? Please help me!!!!

Not knowing exactly what type of information was shared with your friend makes it difficult to respond to your inquiry.

You should know that much of the daily activities of law enforcement agencies such as the Fort Wayne Police Department is considered public information. Law enforcement agencies in the state of Indiana must comply with the Indiana Access to Public Records Act. These types of laws exist in every state, and vary from state to state. One specific way that we as a department comply with this act is through the Daily Activity Log. There is a link to that log on the home page of our department website. That log maintains information such as the nature, date, time, and location of the calls that officers respond to, or the investigations that are initiated by our officers.

Again, since I do not know what specific information this officer shared with your friend I cannot respond directly to your concerns. However, it is likely that this officer did not disclose any more than what was considered to be public information.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum