fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Indiana Code - Use of a Moped
Post Indiana Code - Use of a Moped 
Question: What is legal age for operating a moped?

Answer: Fifteen years of age provided the person possess a BMV issued I.D. and wears a helmet and eye protection (IC 9-21-11-12), (IC 9-21-11-13).

Is this true, then why are so many individuals on these w/o helmets?

As you can see and read it is in black and white. Stay tuned though the department is about to do an enforcement program concerning mopeds, scooters and the like to help educate all concerned.

Post Indiana Code - Use of a Moped 
Yes, kind sir, it is in black and white. I read in the Journal Gazette (Catch 22) that an ISP officer issued a ticket to a gentlemen for riding a moped w/o a license, only to have the ticket dismissed - being IC, at what time do the courts and the LEO's get on the same page? Seems to me that it makes enforcing laws (codes) harder, - if they (courts) aren't going to support the oath that all LEO's take, and that is to unhold/support the law.

There is a learning curve in dealing with these vehicles. The more information we can put in the hands of the businesses selling the vehicles, the buyers, law enforcement, lawyers, and prosecutors the sooner that learning curve becomes horizontal. Like I stated in my initial response we are poised to begin selective enforcement of these vehicles VERY soon.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum