fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Is Credit Worthiness Taken into Account When Hiring?
Post Is Credit Worthiness Taken into Account When Hiring? 
First let me say you mods do a great job here. I've seen few police agencies who offer a message board to interact with the public. I apologise if these questions have been asked and answered many times before.

1) How critical is a person's credit report to the FWPD background investigators? For example, medical bills from 3 years ago that went to collection that were eventually paid off. If an applicant can provide proof that they were in fact paid, would that hypothetically be "good enough"? I know that's kind of a big question and of course other circumstances would come into play.

2) Does FWPD have it's own academy, and if so, do you have to be hired by the department to actually attend? Here in Florida, many academy students pay their own way rather than wait to be sponsored by an agency, and begin looking for work after graduation.

Thanks again.

Each individualís background is taken into account during the hiring process. Financial concerns would be addressed during that phase of the Hiring process.
The Fort Wayne Police Department does in fact have its own academy but we do not accept individuals unless they have been hired. However the Indiana Law enforcement Academy does. www.in.gov/ilea

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1