fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Curfew
Post Curfew 
Any chance of a curfew coming back to our city? Indianapolis and many other cities have instituted their own curfews after the ACLU had the state curfew laws repealed. With all of the vandalism, theft, etc. happening in the middle of the night, will there be one here any time soon? It won't stop crime, but may be some deterrent.

Great question! You obviously have good background knowledge on the curfew law and how it was challenged in Federal Court. You are right Indy does use a curfew law, however the Prosecuting Attorneys office in Allen County has indicated that they will error on the side of protecting the rights of our youth and not try to enforce a law that is unconstitutional. They are working on the issue.

I have input on this matter. I am under 18 (for a few weeks any way), and do not have any crimes on my record and do not plan to either, so I am wondering why should it be illegal for minors to be out after x time when most of us are law abiding citizens?
Thanks

The curfew law is a tool for law enforcement to police activities of individuals under the age of 18 during certain hours as prescribed by the law. If an individual in this age group has a legitimate reason to be out during these prescribed hours then there is no issue.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum