fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Gun permit
Post Gun permit 
I have been told by numerous police officers that as long as a felony conviction isnt a violent one I should still be able to get a gun permit, this comes from wanting to do security work and future law enforcement.. if able to obtain a gun permit would I be elidgible for p.d work or a felony is a felony?

With regards to the employment question, under "Employment Standards" it reads word for word:
Good moral character and free of "any" convictions involving felonious criminal activity or domestic battery.

Here is how the State Statute reads concerning "disqualification" for carry permits. 35-47-2-3.2(g):
(g) A license to carry a handgun shall not be issued to any person who:
(1) has been convicted of a felony;
(2) has had a license to carry a handgun suspended, unless the person's license has been reinstated;
(3) is under eighteen (18) years of age;
(4) is under twenty-three (23) years of age if the person has been adjudicated a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult; or
(5) has been arrested for a Class A or Class B felony, or any other felony that was committed while armed with a deadly weapon or that involved the use of violence, if a court has found probable cause to believe that the person committed the offense charged.
In the case of an arrest under subdivision (5), a license to carry a handgun may be issued to a person who has been acquitted of the specific offense charged or if the charges for the specific offense are dismissed. The superintendent shall prescribe all forms to be used in connection with the administration of this chapter.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum