fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Lateral
Post Lateral 
How many years must you have with your current agency to be considered for the lateral hiring process?

i noticed in the past when fwpd was hiring laterals it specified that one must have two years of full time experience to apply. Now it states two years of law enforcement experience. Technically does that open up the lateral process to someone who is a reserve/auxillary officer?

has anyone ever been hired by fwpd through the lateral process, and then sent to ilea? I heard in some cases this is an option even though they didnt possess two years of full time experience.

Lateral officers must meet the minimum requirements to be considered. We do send officers to ILEA for certain aspects of their abbreviated training process.

I was wondering if FWPD has had any bad experiences with adminstrators or adminstrations regarding the lateral process. I am considering applying to your Dept. and my main concern is backlash from my current admin. Not tooting my own horn, but I am very specialized and like most go-getters, have had a large amount of money spent on me by my current Dept. K-9, Swat, Instructor, Etc. I can tell you now, that my admin will throw a fit!!! Again I am only concerned with this, I know for a fact that a previous officer tried to lateral and the chief was very clear he gave a bad reference when it was not warranted...

Also, how long do I have to tell my current admin. that I am in the process for another Dept. before you guys call them. I would rather tell them myself, opposed to them getting a call by FWPD to find out.

I am not aware of any negative responses due to the process.
In regards of contacts made to ones department the background investigator would inform each candidate when this part of the process is to be conducted.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1