fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
New Recruits?
Post New Recruits? 
I was just woundering i am in the hiring process for the State Police but was interested in the FWPD as well but never seem to get online when they are hiring is there any news on a class up coming.

There are no new classes set. The department is still hiring from the last process.

That process has been put on hold indefinitely.

rsutphin indicated above that "the department is still hiring from the last process." are you referencing the class that was cancelled last summer due to budget constraints?? what "last process" are you referring to?

I refer to "any" hiring effort when it comes to a basic recruit class, regardless.

is it true that fwpd hired an individual who was dropped from the 56th class and was placed into a class that is being conducted at the new academy that with the exception of this one recruit consist of fort wayne fire fighters gaining their police commission so they can lawfully act as arson investigators?

Recently a recruit that was injured during his academy class was invited back and went through a recent academy class that consisted of some fire fighters who were going through an Arson Investigators Academy class which requires a police commission.
He fortunately fully recovered from his injury and then successfully completed the required academy class.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1