fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
EMT Training
Post EMT Training 
Are there any programs that I can take for EMT training? I don't want to be an EMT I just want the training so that I can be prepared for situations in which training would be helpful.

I am sure that there are programs available somewhere just not at the FWPD.

Raquel & original poster. If you are still looking for an EMT course they are all listed on the states website. The PDF file that is posted will show all future registered EMS courses being offered in the near future. This list is continually updates and maintained by the IDHS certification division. Another good place to check is your nearest volunteer fire department in Allen County of by contacting the operations division at Three Rivers Ambulance Authority. The cost of the courses vary by location instructor class size etc however if you contact a volunteer dept in the county some will reimburse the course if you decide to join the department and serve. This is not only a good way to help pay for the original class but will also help you maintain your certification (they expire every 2 years unless you complete a certain amount of continuing education and review within the two year period) you would be serving your community as well as getting hands on experience with patient care and keep your new skills fresh seeing as medicine is an ever changing science. I hope this helps.

Matt

Post Re: hi 
This world is beautiful.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum