fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
towing threat
Post towing threat 
My car is parked in a shopping center (strip mall) parking lot from 9am to 6pm, M-F, as I work in one of the businesses. I park my car closest to the side (employee/delivery) entrance of my building, but my car is parked near the front entrance of another business in the same shopping complex. An employee from the business next door has complained to me twice about where I park my car, each time asking me not to park in that spot. The excuse he has given me is that he sometimes has "deliveries" and doesn't want my car to get "damaged" in the process of the deliveries. I have agreed to park my car in a spot further from my door (and his door) on two occasions. Despite my attempt to ease his concerns, today I found a note on my windshield upon leaving work. In short, the note threatened that if I park anywhere close to this business in the future, my car will be towed.

Does the writer of the note have any right to tow my vehicle if parked in a shopping center parking lot? How can I ensure that my car doesn't get towed? If I am in the wrong and I should not be parking where I usually park, I'm happy to move. I don't think that's the case, however. I'm concerned that the person who left the note will attempt to have my car towed even if it is parked legally.

Thanks.

Your vehicle cannot be towed if legally parked.

The police cannot tow in this instance but I believe the owner of a private parking lot can have a vehicle towed for any reason, as it's private property. The person who left the note could technically contact the owner of the shooping center and maybe the owner would agree to have it towed. Probably unlikely, but still a possibility.

Some shopping center owners have parking restrictions for store employees. I would check into this and see if any such regulations are in place before assuming no one will tow you. (just to be safe)

Post Re: hi 
This world is beautiful.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum