fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Cadet Program.
Post Cadet Program. 
I've heard of your guy's cadet program where underage citizens can part-take in training to be an officer. I know the preferred academic level is college. I was wondering if that cadet program would be considered college since it would be training you specifically to be an officer rather than college training you for basically everything but to be an officer.

I believe you are referring to the Student Police Program. The Student Police is a group owned and operated by the City of Fort Wayne Police Department and ran by Fort Wayne Police Officers, in partnership with Learning for Life, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Boy Scouts of America, for students ares 14 - 21 who are interested in pursuing careers in the Law Enforcement Field such as Police Officers, Sheriff, Federal Agents, State Police/Highway Patrol, Probation/Parole Officers, Military Police, and Corrections Officers.

The Student Police Program would not be considered the equivalent to a college degree.

Would it be possible for me to do the cadet program, go to college, and work at my part-time job as well? I haven't found much info on the program, how can i learn more about this program?

The Fort Wayne Student Police is a group for individuals age 16 to 21 who are interested in a career in Law Enforcement. Meetings are held the last Monday of every month from 6pm to 9pm at the Public Safety Academy, and cover a wide range of Law Enforcement related topics. So yes, you would be able to do all of those other activities. Please send an email to christopher.felton@cityoffortwayne.org if you would like to come check out a meeting. Thanks!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1