fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Told I was silly for wanting a police report made
Post Told I was silly for wanting a police report made 
Just got rearended at a stop light by a girl using a cell phone. Police officer came, told me it was silly for wanting a police report, after I insisted twice more that I get a report, he walked away saying he would make a report but it was silly.

He didn't talk to me after that except to hand me back my information. He did talk to the girl that hit me. I haven't seen the police report but I doubt there is any information about the girl using her cell phone when she hit me, and while he did talk to her after giving he back her information, I didn't see him hand her a ticket for using her cell phone while driving. As I said, he said it was pretty silly for him to make a report. Obviously, he wanted her to face the least amount of "trouble" for hitting me. There shouldn't be a law against using a cell phone while driving if people who break that law don't face consequences. He asked me no questions about the accident. He was really, really, really bothered that I wanted him to take the time to make a report.

I have no confidence in the impartiality of the police in enforcing the laws.

Post Re: Told I was being Silly for wanting a police report made 
There is no law against using a ie; Talking on a cellphone while driving. The law is for Texting and Driving. He should have a report anyway for an accident.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum