fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Case was declined
Post Case was declined 
Someone was arrested on my stolen scooter I was told to ask the prosecutor for restitution at the very least for the tow charge and all the information i could obtain was his name and that the case was declined I would just like to know what my options are on getting any of my money back as the victim of a crime I was charged $111.00 for the towing of my scooter and the criminal was just set free I assume

First and foremost, I am sorry to hear of this news, that your scooter was stolen. Scooters and mopeds are popular targets for thefts primarily because the ignition/starters can be defeated easily, and because since scooters/mopeds are not plated it is much more difficult for officers to identify them as stolen.

I am glad to hear that your scooter was recovered, but I wonder why the case was declined.

The role of the Fort Wayne Police Department is to recover that stolen scooter and identify and apprehend a suspect which it appears we did. When a case is declined, it is typically declined by the prosecutor's office and for a variety of reasons; you'll want to connect with that office for information on your case specifically. I imagine that since the individual was not prosecuted that there is no one to pursue for restitution. I see the dilemma here.

The only suggestion that I can make is to contact Victim's Assistance at 260 427-1205. I hope that they might have a solution for you.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum