fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Car Parked in Front of Mailboxes - Blocking Access
Post Car Parked in Front of Mailboxes - Blocking Access 
I live by the school and usually when I get home around 3:30 I find a parked car in front of our mailboxes. The mailbox is for 4 households on our street. We (I and my neighbors) have asked this person not to park there unattended because it blocks access but that request has fallen on deaf ears. We do have no parking signs because of the school crossing but the sign in on the other end of the mailboxes.

I wanted to know if there is a law for not parking your car in front of mailboxes. Or can I request the sign moved so it will include our mailbox thus putting mailbox in the no parking zone. This school year I havenít see any traffic parking patrol cars in the area, past few years there has been someone here keeping everyone inline.

This would be a non issue if this person stayed in their car and didnít walk away.

There is a city ordinance prohibiting a vehicle from being parked within fifteen feet on either side of any mailbox.

ß 72.22 STOPPING, STANDING OR PARKING PROHIBITED IN SPECIFIED PLACES.

No vehicle shall be stopped, standing or parked except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with law or other direction of a police officer or traffic control device in any of the following places: Within 15 feet on either side of any mailbox.

http://amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Indiana/ftwayne/titleviitrafficregulations/chapter72stoppingstandingandparking?f=templates$fn=document-frameset.htm$q=mailbox%20$x=server$3.0#LPHit1

You can report such a violation to Parking Enforcement at 427-1208.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum