fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
homeless sleeping in car
Post homeless sleeping in car 
There is a homeless man sleeping in his car on my street. This has been going on for a couple weeks. At first he used to go into my neighbors house accross the street, and then return to his car sometime later. Now he sleeps in his car all night, starting the car to warm up for a while. The neighbor now seems to want nothing to do with this person. I have called the police once and all that happened was for the officer to tap on his window to make sure he was ok. I don't want him on my street or any street to be honest. I fear he's going to eventually asphyxiate himself. But beyond that I just don't trust the situation. The car doesn't have a straight piece of metal on it and one could assume it's not insured.
Is there an ordinance this might fall under? Can anything be done or is it perfectly fine to have homeless people living in cars on public streets?

I looked high and I looked low. I spoke to officers, commanders and chiefs. Not one of us could find a state statute or a local ordinance that prohibits this type of activity.

Have a heart...seriosly. I will seriously pray for you to endure homelessness, just so I can call the police and have you removed from a public street. Buy the guy a cup of coffee and a McMuffin and go about your day feeling like you are a compassionate individual and not a bitter old grump. Karma is very real.

I'm just saying.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum