The Citizens Police Academy (CPA) was not designed to prepare an individual for any type of hiring process. The CPA provides citizens with an ‘inside view’ of the Fort Wayne Police Department. Participants will learn first hand about the various aspects of the department, and about how each division operates and functions. Highlights of the academy include meeting with members of many of the department’s specialized units such as the Canine Team, Emergency Services Team (SWAT), Crisis Response Team (negotiators), and Investigative Division.
Applications are currently being accepted for the Citizens Police Academy and are available at the department’s internet website at www.fwpd.org,
under the Career Opportunities tab. The class is limited to the first fifty (50) people who complete an application and meet the following requirements:
• Be at least eighteen years of age
• Have no felony criminal convictions; a background investigation is completed
• Be a citizen of Allen County
• Attend eight out of ten class sessions
• Be able to participate through active listening and asking appropriate questions during three-hour class sessions
Application Deadline: October 20, 2010
Interested applicants may contact the Training Academy office at 260 427-1240 with questions or for additional information.