fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Craigs List property scams
Post Craigs List property scams 
I have a rental property listed on Craig's List (scam central). I first listed it a month ago saying it would be coming available later this month. I recently re-listed it as available. One gentleman in particular has repeatedly asked for the address so he could "drive by." That's been his only request. I'm certain he's done this same request with many other listings, because within minutes of sending me one request, he sent another to me (by mistake) referring to a different property location. Something doesn't seem right. He's been unwilling to share any info about himself. Would this raise any suspicion with you?

There are a variety of factors that one takes into account when looking at a place to call home - even if it is just for a temporary stay such as a rental property. I suppose that location is one of them and that may be why this individual is asking about the address. It would be difficult to secure a renter without letting them see the property first.

There is always some risk involved when listing any property for sale or for rent. A 'For Sale/For Rent' sign can be a clue to the criminal element that the home is likely vacant. Also individuals may portray themselves as interested in the home even though they are not, and they only want to see what valuables are inside the home. That is why many times a real estate agent will require a mortgage pre-approval letter before they show a home to a potential buyer. That is also why listings in real estate books do not include the exact address of a property and list only the contact number for the real estate agent/agency.

I always encourage people to trust their instincts and if you sense something is not right, then I suggest that you do not provide this individual with the address.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum