fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Drug Dealing
Post Drug Dealing 
I would like to know as an apartment manager how to deal with a drug dealer. I have learned to take matters into my own hands because after seeing the traffic daily and smelling an odor from this persons apartment, and several calls to Vice Narc I was told that they are "too swamped" My question is.. i am responsible for keeping these tenants safe here. Why can we not get any help? We are in an area where there is not alot of crime at this moment. But with this drug dealing brings very bad company to our apt community. We have written down license plates, times, watched several drops take place, etc. I just feel like something big is going to happen here because it is being ignored. This is not a small issue. I am talking 25 cars a day and all night long. I actually took matters into my own hands by confronting "the dealer" who did not deny such doing. The traffic has stopped but I had to risk my safety as well as the safety of our tenants to do so. I am not a trained police officer I am just a property manager who is tired of making phone calls to be told this is not a priority. Does something have to happen to make it "one"

Interesting post. I have a few obvious questions:

The complex for which you are the manager, is it in the city of Fort Wayne? Believe me I get posts from across the country so I have to ask.

If you are in our city, what phone number did you utilize to make your report and with whom did you speak?

What was the time frame of your call(s)?

I can assure you that when our Vice and Narcotics office is contacted with information such as this, they act! We are very successful at bringing down drug houses/apartments when we have been provided good information to work with. Understand too, V/N does respond to these complaints and will sit back and observe. If during their visit(s) they don't see any activity they will move on to the next tip.
I would ask that you call 427-1203 and ask to speak with the supervisor in charge. Explain to him or her your situation both with your tenant and your previous phone calls to V/N. Make sure you are very thorough with the information that you provide. Times of activity, days, vehicles, tenant information and the like. When you see the activity call us. Please utilize our non-emergency line as well. 427-1222.

I can say without hesitation we will be there.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum