fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
sex offender
Post sex offender 
I have a cousin who, along with her three children under the age of 12, is currently residing with a sex offender who is on parole (or probation) for a violent sex offense. Several relatives, including myself, are concerned about the children and have heard through the grapevine that they are "terrified" of him, with no reason given.
I, personally, have spoken with this person's parole (or probation) officer and have also contacted CPS. To my knowledge, the only recourse taken was a phone call to the mother from CPS 24hours BEFORE an interview with the children, and possibly a home visit (although no one knows for sure.)
The living arrangements have not changed, although the whole bunch of them have relocated to a different apartment.
Do you have any suggestions as far as the next step to take? I feel like no one is showing active concern for these children's best interest!

If this person in question is classified as a "sex offender" then he has limitations placed on him by the courts. If in Allen County he would be required to make contact with Detective Shimkus with the Allen County Sheriff's Department. I would contact Detective Shimkus and discuss the matter with him. 449-7535. Detective Shimkus is second to none when it comes to these matters.

Post thanks 
I was able to make contact with detective shimkus and he volunteered to talk to the fella's parole officer....without revealing my identity!!!
I feel like this is a problem that will soon be resolved, or at least addressed, and I dont have to fear retaliation!
Thanks for the referral!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum