fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Contract - Forging a Signature
Post Contract - Forging a Signature 
Back in 2005 I had co-signed for someone to get a cell phone. THe person told me she would soon take me off the contract but never did. She stopped paying the bill and a debt collection agency called and I am responsible for paying the bill back because they got ahold of me and not her.

Upon getting information from the cell phone company I had learned that she had forged my signature in order to add another phone line to the account, and I have the 2 different documents to show my signature from hers.

Now I am going to small claims court in February for this matter. I have been told to file a police report as well for forging my signature. Should I file the police report or just simply bring it up when I go to small claims court next month?

That truly depends on what action you wish to pursue in this matter. If you wish only to pursue monetary damages in Small Claims do so. If you wish to pursue criminal charges I would recommend speaking with an investigator in the Prosecutor's office and apprise them of the situation and allow him or her to make a recommendation. Ultimately they will be the ones to prosecute provided they feel there are grounds to do so.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum