fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Questionable ticketing
Post Questionable ticketing 
My son received a ticket from the school officer today (Wednesday) - The ticket is dated LAST Thursday - for not using his turn signal on school grounds.

Is this valid - how can he be issued a ticket almost a week later?

I understand you to say that your son received a citation yesterday Wednesday, October 29, 2008 in Fort Wayne by a Fort Wayne Officer for not using his turn signal last Thursday, October 23, 2008, is this correct? And on the citation the date it was issued reads?

Correct. The date on the ticket is 10/23/08 @ 11:45am (early dismissal day) - the actual hard copy ticket was issued (handed) to my son during school hours on 10/29/08.

I need to know which school this took place at. The reason for this question is to get input from the officer to find out what he or she can add to the circumstances. I think you can appreciate this.

I'm not 100% sure on the FWPD - could be Sheriff. (Didn't look that close at the ticket)

I don't want to reveal that much, as far as school, etc. - I'm mainly trying to figure out if this is common practice. I've never heard of it before. I will say, that my son received a seatbelt ticket 1 week prior, (so they had all his information) and the officers at the school know his car (only one of its kind there) - and had special parking privileges last year.

I really do appreciate your time on this, and this forum is GREAT! But I don't want to say where he goes to school (Thanks for understanding)

Common practice? No. Without speaking directly to the officer I am at a disadvantage to be able to completely answer your question. I can tell you this as is the case with all citations the recipient can appear in court on the date indicated by the officer at the bottom of the citation. What this does is to allow the individual to plead guilty or not guilty. In the event a not guilty plea is made the Judge will assign a court date to allow the individual to come back into court and articulate a position as to show why he or she is not guilty. Based on one's presentation and the facts presented in the proceeding by the officer the judge will make a ruling.
I hope this helps.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum