fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Scooter Question???
Post Scooter Question??? 
Hello,

I just heard from the news that the scooter require registration, insurance, and licence, is that correct? or someone out there know about this, please help me.

Recently, I have a scooter which under 50cc, and it can run up to 40mph, but it's hardly to run up to 40mph.

So, what do i need for the requirement to run on the street legally????

thanks for your help.

A two or three wheeled vehicle that is propelled by an internal combustion engine or a battery powered motor, and if powered by an internal combustion engine, has the following:

1) An engine rating of not more than (2) horsepower and a cylinder capacity not exceeding (50) cubic centimeters or cc's.
2) An automatic transmission.
3) A "maximum" designed speed of not more than (25) miles per hour on a flat surface.

A vehicle "MUST" meet all three requirements to qualify as a motorized bicycle/moped.

Your "scooter" does not meet all the requirements to be considered a motorized bicycle/moped. Therefore you must have it licensed and insured to be street legal. Understand too that it falls under the category of a "motorcycle" which requires the operator to have a valid driverís license with the required motorcycle endorsement.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum