fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Obtaining details after accident from reporting officer?
Post Obtaining details after accident from reporting officer? 
Is there a way to obtain clarification of the scene or persons involved in an accident after the fact? In a recent accident, one party pulled from a stopped left turn into the lane of the straight green light lane, and caused an accident. The report is pretty terse in its details, and the party is now stating that they came to a stop at the light and was hit. The vehicle actually was under the lights into the intersection, and one of many officers may be able to attest to this. Also, a person behind the collision stopped, called 911, but then left the scene, is there a way to obtain the information for the person that left the 911 call?

Insurance has received a copy of the report, and I was forwarded that report, however both parties are covered by the same insurance, so this is more of a self-preservation issue on my future policy since there are not two parties having to get to the details. Kind of a conflict of interest thing at this point.

Thank you in advance, and the officers that showed up at the scene that night were very courteous and thorough in checking out the parties and waiting for the EMS, I appreciated it.

Our Records Department should be able to provide the requested information. 427-2213

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum