fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Not Enough Parking
Post Not Enough Parking 
Here is my situation; ! I am disabled and cant walk that far, but choose not to apply for a reserved handicaped spot as parking is very limited where we are. Second what rights does someone have to park on a public side street?

I purposely shortened your post but I think this should answer your questions.

72.22 PARKING PROHIBITED IN SPECIFIED PLACES.
No person shall park a vehicle except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with law or other direction of a police officer or traffic control device in any of the following places:

(A) On or across a sidewalk or otherwise obstructing public passage between the curb lines or lateral lines of any roadway and the adjacent property lines.

(B) Within five feet of a public or private driveway and/or alley.

(C) Within an intersection.

(D) Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant. A violation of this provision shall result in a fine of $50.

(E) On or within a crosswalk.

(F) Within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection.

(G) Within 30 feet upon the approach to any flashing beacon, stop sign, yield sign, or traffic control signal located at the side of the roadway or located overhead in some fashion.

(H) Between a safety zone and the nearest curb or within 30 feet or points on the curb immediately opposite the ends of a safety zone, unless the City Traffic Engineer has indicated a different length by signs or markings.

(I) Within 50 feet of the nearest rail of a railroad crossing.

(J) Within 20 feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station and on the side of a street opposite the entrance of any fire station within 75 feet of such entrance, when properly sign-posted.

(K) Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when stopping, standing or parking would obstruct traffic.

(L) On the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street.

(M) Upon any bridge or other elevated structure upon a highway or within a highway tunnel.

(N) At any place where official signs prohibit parking.

(O) Upon any street for any period of time longer than 24 continuous hours (except on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays), as determined within the discretion of the parking enforcement officer. However, after the vehicle has been red tagged, the vehicle will not be ticketed or towed within the following 24-hour time period, if, within that time period, the odometer has advanced by at least one-tenth of one mile (indicating that the vehicle has been driven during that time period. In the case of a digital or broken odometer, which does not show a mileage advance, as described above, the owner of the vehicle must demonstrate to the parking enforcement officer that the vehicle is operable, in order to avoid the ticketing or towing of the vehicle after the expiration of the 24-hour time period, referred to above.

(P) Upon any portion of residential property other than in a driveway, or as otherwise permitted upon the street or alley adjacent to said residential real estate.

(Q) So close to any mailbox that the access of postal employees to any mailbox is hampered or interfered with.

(R) Upon any street or public thoroughfare without a current license plate assigned to said vehicle, or with a false or fictitious license plate, or with a license plate not assigned to said vehicle. A violation of this provision shall authorize the parking enforcement officer to red tag, ticket, and tow the vehicle, as determined within the discretion of the parking enforcement officer.

('74 Code, 17-42(a)) (Ord. S-185-85, passed 10-8-85; Am. Ord. G-17-03, passed 5-13-03) Penalty, see 72.99

I appreciate your help on this matter, but this does not help me with the guy leaving notes on my car, 1 neighbor purposely taking up 2 parking spots with 1 car, another neighbor who owns 2 cars but only has 1 person living in the residence, and another neighbor who has 6-7 cars.

We have a non-emergency phone number which is 427-1222. If the situation continues and it cannot be worked out between both parties feel free to call us.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum