fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Teaching my child a lesson
Post Teaching my child a lesson 
Mike,
I always find this forum so helpful. We have a 12 year old who has become some what of a bully. To make matters worse he has some special needs, which makes the routine ways of doing things a bit different. Does the FWPD or the county have any kind of scared straight type program, where an officer or some other person perhaps with the Juvenile Justice Center is willing to meet with a child and their parents and explain to the child the consequences of bullying and the types of trouble it can lead to? Any help or advice you can offer me would be greatly appreciated as both us and his teacher are really running out of ideas to control him!

I cannot answer for the County Police, but we do not have a scared straight type of program. I might make the suggestion that if in a Fort Wayne Community School you ask to speak with the liaison officer. He or she might be willing to have a conversation with you and your child. Park Center has a counseling service that you might want to inquire into. The City uses their services.

Post Scared Straight 
Just an FYI for you!

Most scared straight programs have gone away. Studies have shown that they were really not productive. In fact there are some studies that show that scared straight programs might have actually toughen teens to the system!

There is even more studies that show why boot camps may not work!

Relationships are the key to change!!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum