fwpd.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Motorcycles vs. Car Stereos
Post Motorcycles vs. Car Stereos 
I was just wondering if it is against the law to have a motorcycle that is excessively loud? If not then why is that seeing as how I personally have people go past my house in our addition that play their stereos but yet there are also people on a daily basis (when the weather is adequate) that ride their motorcycles with an unbelievably loud sound but yet it's not against the law to have a loud motorcycle (that are louder than the stereos I hear)? Personally, I would rather hear someone's car stereo booming down the street than a motorcycle's exhaust. What's your input on this? Thanks!

IC 9-19-8-3
Operation of muffler or noise dissipative device
Sec. 3. A motor vehicle must be equipped with a muffler or other noise dissipative device that meets the following conditions:
(1) Is in good working order.
(2) Is in constant operation to prevent excessive noise.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.

IC 9-19-8-4
Muffler cutouts and bypasses
Sec. 4. A motor vehicle may not be equipped with any of the following:
(1) A muffler cutout.
(2) A bypass.
(3) Any similar device.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.

How does this affect Harley Davidsons if at all? The motorcycles are louder than any other out there. Not so bad but people who repeatedly drive them up and down the street cause a lot of noise.

Again if the muffler has been altered in anyway from its original manufactured state, then it would be in violation of state law.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum