REPORTING LOST OR STOLEN ITEM:
- It is recommended that you call FWPD’s teleservice line at 260-427-1340 to file a report. Please include detailed information to expedite finding the owner and return of property.
SUBMITTING LOST ITEM TO POLICE DEPARTMENT:
- If you find a lost item within Fort Wayne city limits and would like to submit to the Fort Wayne Police Department, please call 260-427-1340.
Found items can be retrieved, by appointment only, from the FWPD Property Room-Monday through Friday, 8:00 am-6:00 p.m. Please call 260-427-2034 to schedule an appointment.
Per Indiana state law, found items are held at the police department for 30 days before disposal. Items that have a value of $100 or more are sent to online auction. Please visit the Property Room page to see complete details on items that are sent to auction.
Prior to coming to the police department to claim a lost item you must have the following items to show proof of ownership and identification:
- A valid state issued photo ID
- Proof of Ownership (at least one below):
- Police report number
- Purchase receipt
- Description of item in detail
- Photograph that shows possession of lost item