The Fort Wayne Police Department is currently accepting applications. The application portion will run from March 1 through and including May 1, 2017.
The 63rd Basic Recruit Applicant Process and the 18th Lateral Process will run concurrently.
- Patrol Officer
- Investigative Detectives
- Vice/Narcotics Detective
- Hit/Run Accident Inv.
- Internal Affairs Inv.
- Public Information Officer
- Canine Officer
- Academy Instructor
- School Resource Officer
- Hispanic Liaison Officer
- Crisis Intervention Officer/Team
- Explosive Ordinance Disposal Inv.
- Crime Scene Technician
- Critical Response Team
- Emergency Services Team
- Inter-agency Task Force Member
- Honor Guard
- Pipe Band
ENTRANCE FITNESS STANDARDS*:
- Sit-ups: 25 or more (in one minute or less)
- Push-ups: 21 or more (‘male style’ push-ups without stopping)
- Vertical jump: 14” or higher (three attempts allowed)
- 300 meter run: 82 seconds (or less)
- 1.5 mile run: 17:30 (or less)
*Standards increase prior to exit of the Basic Recruit Class
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical fitness test.
- 21-35 years of age at time of appointment.
- U.S. Citizen.
- High School Diploma, the equivalent, or a G.E.D.; education beyond high school preferred.
- Correctable vision to 20-30 in each eye.
- Meet residency requirement consistent with Indiana statue (live in Allen County or adjacent Indiana county upon academy graduation).
- Indiana motor vehicle operator’s license required.
- Physically and mentally able to perform essential job functions of the patrol officer position.
- Good moral character and free of any convictions involving felonious criminal activity or domestic battery.
- Accrued days- based on years of service
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Days
- State Pension:
- 20 years of service; State administered pension– collectable at age 52. City contributes entire pension costs.
- City-paid life insurance & City-paid accidental death insurance; several health insurance options available.
- Probationary Officer pay (1st year): $47,758.36
- Patrol Officer pay (after 1st year): $53,064.96
- 2nd shift bonus: $3,300
- 3rd shift bonus: $6,300
- Longevity bonus
- Education bonus
- Uniform allowance: All initial uniforms and equipment furnished at time of hire. Body armor and weapon also provided.
- FWPD has a take home vehicle program.